- Could you give three evening dress codes do’s and don’ts ?
1) DO Approach the White silk shantung jacket with circumspection least you be mistaken for domestic help as I have been. When in doubt go cream rather than stark white
2) DO discard the stiff patent leather lace ups in favour of black suede made in Germany Stan Smiths or Rubinacci for The Rake Tartan evening slippers (available on TheRake.com this December)
3) with a wingtip collar DO ensure the width of your bow tie is precisely the same width as your the wings of your shirt by bespeaking then at the same time. Also ensure the studs on your shirt bib are equally spaced between your collar and the top of your waist coat.
- What is your personal tip ?
Wear your tuxedo like it’s your favourite battered old cardigan.
- Which New Retro would you wear and with what ?
While I like the stark minimalistic elegance of the White gold case with the black dial I think my heart belongs to the effusive seductive warmth of the pink gold case with the vintage green dial.
- Which are your three favourite cocktail bars (in London)?
1) Fumoir at The Claridges
2) The Edward Sahakian Cigar Tasting Room
3) The Linley designed Bar in the Connaught
- Which are your three favourite cocktail bars (worldwide)?
1) Jimmys in Singapore it has the best selection of pre Castro cigars in the world
2) Adolf Loos Bar Vienna
3) The Bar at the Gritti Palace in Venice